No change there then

 

I actually listened to a Radio 4 comedy programme today for the first time in many, many months - and quite possibly for the first time in 2021 (if my memory serves me right). 

Seeing that it was that vehicle for the actor Kevin Eldon which I didn't find overly funny four series ago when it started in 2012, I wasn't expecting much, but I did get a few laughs out of it. 

It was pleasantly silly. 

I particularly enjoyed guessing the punchline of one of the main running gags in advance [the one about the couple splitting up].

The biggest laugh I got though was unintended. It was just one line, but it brought back happy memories of my old 'it's funny cos it's true (hopefully)' Radio 4 Comedians Bingo card.

The main quirk of that bingo card was that The Daily Mail appeared three times ''because just having it once would be far too easy, given how often Radio 4 comedians have a go at it''.

Today's Actor Kevin Eldon vehicle also recalled that wonderful Harry and Paul sketch 'Panel Show' where most BBC comedy punchlines ended up as 'Oh My God, the Daily Mail!'

The one tart remark on today's The Actor Kevin Eldon Will See You Now on BBC Radio 4 was:

🎺🎺🎺

Before we go let's have a look at tomorrow's headlines...The Daily Mail has 'Everything we print is to some extent a lie, apart from this'.

In a rapidly changing world, it's almost reassuring that some things never seem to change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oryx Handbook of Iranian Drones

This Equation Shows You Can't Quantify Everything

Andrew Wyeth: Home Places