Red Len v Red Andy (featuring Red Paul Mason)



I'm late in catching up with today's The Andrew Marr Show

Andrew's interview with far-left Len McCluskey of the Unite union was particularly gripping viewing.

My favourite bit needs transcribing:

  • Andrew Marr: Have you ever heard the suggestion around the leader's office that he's going to step down towards the end of this year?
  • Len McCluskey: Absolutely not. It's fake news. Jeremy is a strong leader and people should stop putting him under pressure. This idea, even from comrades of the Left - Paul Mason. He seems to have lost his marbles -...
  • Andrew Marr: (interrupting) No, he hasn't lost his marbles! 
  • Len McCluskey: He's wanting...
  • Andrew Marr: (interrupting) No, that's not fair!
  • Len McCluskey: ...to sack everyone around Jeremy...

Now I, of course, was mainly laughing there at Red Len's denunciation of Comrade Mason, ex of the BBC's Newsnight (though I shocked myself by finding myself agreeing with Len on quite a few things during the whole interview)...

...and I also laughed at Red Len saying that Jez is "a strong leader" and then saying "and people should stop putting him under pressure". (Who needs satire?) 

I then saw from Twitter that far-left ex-BBC Newsnight economics editor Paul wasn't at all happy with Red Len about that, and that made me laugh even more. 

The endless fallings-out of the present day extreme-Left are grimly comical, in a Monty Pythonish kind of way, but what if they - and their anti-Semitic hordes - got into power via a Jeremy Corbyn premiership? What price laughter then?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oryx Handbook of Iranian Drones

This Equation Shows You Can't Quantify Everything

Andrew Wyeth: Home Places